Last time the Giants and the Patriots squared off in the Super Bowl, nearly $92 million dollars in Super Bowl bets passed through the hands of Vegas bookies. This year, experts are predicting a similar turn-out with the Patriots leading as the favorite by only half a point.
But why bet on just one part of the night? Winning and losing is important, but we all know the Super Bowl is way more than just a game. There’s music, commercials, celebrity appearances, fanfare, spectacle and passion. Here are a few unconventional ideas to diversify your betting pool this weekend:
- How long will Kelly Clarkson hold out the word “free” in the National Anthem?
- Who’s Obama going to root for? He grew up in Hawaii and moved to Chicago, so it’s anyone’s guess which team he will support.
- Will Madonna’s microphone cut-out at this year’s half-time show? Before betting, consider last year’s half-time debacle with The Black Peas.
- What will Ferris Bueller do on his day off with Honda?
- Who’s going to have the better beer commercial: Budweiser or Coors?
- Will there be any mention of Tebow or “Tebowing”?
- Will someone drop the Lombardi Trophy?
- Which Manning will get the most close-ups: Eli, Peyton or Archie?
- Will the Gatorade bath come before or after the clock finishes running out?
- Which weeping player (joy or sorrow) will the camera close-up on first after the game?
Do you have any more ideas? Leave a comment below or let us know on twitter via @ContempoSpace.
Photo Credit: AJ Guel